Criminal Lawyers Melbourne
Mirabellas Solicitors provides a complete criminal law service. This means that we can help you get the best result wherever you are in the legal process, from arrest to appeal. We provide:
- Legal representation in Court on defended hearings, sentence hearings and appeals, and bail hearings, committal proceedings and jury trials.
- Attendance at Police Stations and gaols.
- Representation in the Children’s Court and at Magistrate’s Mental Health enquiries.
- Negotiation with Victoria Police, Australian Federal Police, Australian Customs and other prosecuting bodies to have some or all of the charges withdrawn.
If you have been arrested
If you have been arrested and are being held at a Police Station or if the Police have asked you to come in for an interview we can:
- Attend the Police Station with you to vigorously assert your rights and to give you advice about your options.
- Advise you whether you should take part in an interview with Police (you usually have the right to decline to take part in an interview).
If you have been charged with a criminal offence
We can advise you about defences which you may have, negotiate with Police, and represent you in Court if you have been charged with offences which include:
- All Driving and Traffic offences, including Drink Driving, Drug Driving Drive Whilst Disqualified/Unlicensed/Suspended, Negligent Driving and License Appeals, habitual traffic offender declarations.
- Common assaults, Actual Bodily Harm, Grievous Bodily Harmand Intervention Orders.
- Public order offences, such as resisting arrest and offensive conduct.
- Damage to Property.
- Larceny, break Enter and Steal and other property offences.
- Drug offences- Possession, Supply and manufacture.
- Confiscation of Proceeds of Crime.
- Complex fraud prosecutions.
- Children’s Court proceedings.
- Sexual Offences.
- Prosecutions by the RSPCA.
- Magistrate’s Mental Health Enquiries.
- Firearms and prohibited weapons offences.
If you need to go to Court
We can represent you if you need to appear in Court.
If you need to get Bail
If you or a friend or relative of yours is in custody, we can prepare a bail application before the Local or Supreme Court and provide strategic advice about when and how the application should be made to maximise its prospects of success.
Do you need to make an appeal?
If you have been convicted of a criminal offence and you wish to appeal the conviction or the severity of the sentence you received, we can assist you to prepare the appeal, and appear for you on the hearing of the appeal or instruct a specialist Criminal Law barrister on your behalf.
The Criminal Law services offered by Mirabellas Solicitors include:
- negotiating with Police and other prosecuting bodies.
- representation in Court on defended hearings, trials, sentence hearings, bail applications and appeals.
Mirabellas Solicitors has long-established relationships with the best Criminal Law barristers in Victoria and also with Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Pharmacologists and other experts who are experienced in giving evidence in criminal matters.
Mirabellas Solicitors regularly appears in these local courts.
Click the image above to download the Criminal Court Process.
Phone today to arrange your free consultation.